Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Swarm adds Push Notifications, Version Control, and More!
New Swarm SDK Available!
We're incredibly excited to announce that the latest version of Swarm adds both Push Notifications and Version Control, two of the most hotly requested features to date! To take advantage of these great features (and a variety of other improvements), we highly recommend that Android game developers download and integrate the latest version of the Swarm SDK.
Major New Features:
1. Push Notifications
With Swarm, developers can now send push notification messages directly to their game's players. For example, push notifications enable developers to easily let players when a new version of their game is available or that new items are available for sale in their game's virtual store.
2. Version Control
Developers can now configure all of Swarm's features based on version numbers. This gives developers the power to control which versions of their games see which leaderboards, achievements, virtual stores, push notifications, etc.
1. Overall, the way in which Swarm handles a player's online and offline status has been improved.
2. Toasts are no longer displayed to players every time they lose and regain a connection.
3. Swarm apps can now be more easily published in alternative markets (i.e, Amazon Market, etc.) by calling Swarm.enableAlternativeMarketCompatibility();
4. Unlocked achievements now have a bright gold trophy displayed on the achievements screen.
5. Devices that do not properly report their SDK version number will no longer cause Swarm to force close.
6. The Swarm SDK now includes a directory of Swarm badges that can be overlaid on top of app icons. Adding a Swarm badge to an app icon is a great way to show players that a game has the social features they want.
7. Developers can now fully control and customize all toasts and messaging for all features (leaderboards, achievements, virtual stores, push notifications, etc.).
About Swarm, LLC:
Swarm, LLC is responsible for the Swarm SDK, a Swiss Army Knife for Mobile Game Developers. The Swarm SDK enables Mobile Game Developers to improve reach, increase retention, and enhance monetization by adding social gaming features such as leaderboards, achievements, virtual stores, push notifications, and cloud data. Mobile game developers can quickly and easily take their awesome creations to the next level with only a few lines of code and a quick stop to Swarm's website. Swarm, LLC prides itself on delivering an SDK with unsurpassed speed, features, and support.